- Confirm that we have listed all houses and business premises
- Check their names and locations on maps
- Check whether the owner wants a connection. If you have not yet submitted an expression of interest, please do so by going to the website www.b4sw.org.uk
- Discuss with local people and decide the exact routes for service lines from the chamber to houses
- Get wayleaves if necessary
- Arrange digging parties for service ducts through gardens
- Record the routes on maps for future reference
Some Champions have already started this task which has caused the number of expressions of interest in connecting to the network to rise to 322 which is 66.9% of the total. 65% is the average take-up rate in the many parishes where B4RN networks have been completed, so it looks like our area will comfortably exceed that average.
Discussions have continued with landowners about the signing of wayleave agreements. We now have firm routes to connect the Old Hutton electronics cabinet to the cabinet at Mansergh and by two routes to the cabinet at the Auction Mart. Work is continuing on the routes in New Hutton. The B4RN network is expanding rapidly in North West England. New access points to the national broadband network are being opened in four places including New Hutton which will take all future traffic from Southern Lakeland.
Almost all the trunk network has been installed for the spur to Millness. This line joins the line to Hincaster which has just gone live so it is likely that the houses and businesses in Millness will be live early next year. In total about 6Km of duct has been laid in various places in the three parishes where fields have been ploughed and along spurs. We are now waiting for B4RN’s final approval of our trunk network design before we can start installation in earnest elsewhere. Some volunteers have not been receiving email notices about our work parties. If you have submitted an expression of interest and have not received any such emails, please check whether your computer is sending them to the spam or junk mail folder. Also, we are going to send an email to everyone to refresh our list of volunteers.
If you have any questions please do contact us.