Operation of our Network
- When our network has been built, B4RN will operate and maintain it in perpetuity.
- There is constant monitoring of the core network. If there is a network failure, engineers will respond immediately and fix core problems 24x7.
- Major failures could be caused by someone digging through the cable. However, disruption to connections is unlikely because the network is designed as a series of rings so that the signal can go around a different way if there is a failure at one point.
- End user connections such as homes and businesses will be responded to by the next business day.
- The notification period for scheduled maintenance which could disrupt a connection is one week notified by e-mail.